Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 49 - It's A Wrap!

Today is officially the last day of the pasta pass and I can't say i'm sad to see it end. Over all it was a positive experience and I'm glad I got one. I would recommend pretty much anything on the menu except the sausage, it was consistently salty and bland. I liked the Fettuccine Alfredo with the Chicken Fritta the best, the cheese sauce is very creamy with a great taste. The Chicken Fritta was always very good but when not limited to the pass you can get the Alfredo meal with grilled chicken which makes it that much better. Before I got this pass I would go a half dozen times a year and that would be what I usually ordered. I didn't really mention the salad much but the dressing is the main reason I go back there. It's like pouring liquid gold over your salad! That and the after dinner mints which are Andes Candies made specifically for Olive Garden. They are now my favorite mint and chocolate combination. It used to be York Peppermint Patties till I saw the public service announcement on Family Guy.

I consumed over 37000 calories in 35 days which averaged out to about 1050 per meal and probably 3500 calories per day with my other meals, snacks, and 3 am snacks. I was 165 lbs when it started and I gained...nothing. I'm afflicted with "a**hole can eat anything" disease, or at least I've heard it called that.

My most consumed pasta was the Angel Hair which I had 20 of the 35 days. The Marinara beat out the meat sauce by one day with 10 and the Chicken Fritta was the clear topping winner with 15 of the 35 days. I think the take out had a lot to do with my choices, I would of had more of the cheese sauces if I ate in house. When I did eat in, the staff was helpful and pleasant. The girls at the bar came to know me by name and they were all really nice.

The total cost ended up at $556.30 which gave me $456.30 of net "profit". I would probably spend that amount in 49 days on groceries but I only spent about $50.00 since September so my overall savings was around $400.00.

They said they only gave out a thousand but I think they oversold. I noticed when everyone was getting their cards it was in a custom display box and they had them a few days after the order. Mine came overnight the Friday before it started and it was in a bulk mailer envelope with the card, welcome note and the envelope all just tossed in. If that was the case, kudos to Olive Garden for honoring the screw-up.

I will definitely be going back again..not this year tho. It's better than a McDonald's or Burger King without costing that much more. If nothing else you can also get alcohol there to make you forget how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment